Featured Post

Just Raspberries, LLC Gourmet Jam Photos

Artisan Jam. Memorable Flavor.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Baby Berries & Mis-Stakes

I have 495 raspberry plants in my kitchen. Let me back up and say that we definitively answered the question on whether or not we would be 100% ready for the arrival of the berries. Um, not at all exactly. They're here! A day early. And now, since we're not at all quite ready to plant them, I am bundled up in my house, FREEZING, with the air conditioning cranked up so the baby berries don't get too warm and start to grow while sitting in boxes, waiting patiently....in my kitchen.


The Mis-Stakes 

Green House Vendor to Husband: Don't you want any stakes to go with your ground cover order?

Husband: No, thanks.

Husband to Me: They asked me if I wanted any stakes and I said no. I'll go to Home Depot and get some.

Me to Husband: Do you even know if they will have enough, let alone the right kind?

....and cut to the part in the scene where the big box store stakes were too weak, Mother Nature kicks in a storm, blah blah blah, rips the black ground cover up and twists it up yards away.

Husband to Me: Yeah, call the green house vendor and order 5 boxes of stakes. Or should we get a full 1,000?

Me: Yes, dear.



 Baby Berries....

 ....stacked up in my kitchen, trying to stay chilly enough before they get their roots comfortably situated.

Click here: The Unexpected Farm Girl - The Prequel for photos & amusing stories from the 2008 - 2011 part of The Unexpected Farm Girl's journey. 

Smiles!

The Unexpected Farm Girl (Erika)

No comments:

Post a Comment